DEADLINES EXTENDED! SUBMIT BY MARCH 30, 2018!
The Medical Nutrition Practice Group (MNPG) provides a research award up to the amount of $5000 to a member of MNPG to support research that is focused on improving patient outcomes (such as improving blood glucose, weight loss, quality of life, etc.).
- The principal investigator must be a member of MNPG
- Student applicants must have an academic advisor and a supporting letter from the head of the department
- Research must have institution approval, if applicable
- All sources of funding must be revealed
- Grant may not be used for salary purposes
- Applicants must submit a proposed budget and timeline
EDUCATION STIPEND AWARD
Award Description: MNPG offers as a benefit of membership the opportunity to receive financial assistance to attend an educational event in the area of medical nutrition therapy. An annual award of four educational stipends up to $500.00 each will be offered to MNPG members.
- Must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (the Academy) and a MNPG member for at least two consecutive years. Students are not eligible for the award.
- MNPG Committee Chairs and Executive Committee members are not eligible for the stipend.
- Educational programs must be targeted to the professional audience in the field of medical nutrition therapy. CPE’s must be awarded for the award.
- Verification of attendance is required.
- Stipend will be paid after individual writes an article for the Medical Nutrition Matters Newsletter (non CEU). After the article is received the stipend will be awarded.
- Applicant needs to submit a personal statement with the following information:
- Name, date, and location of education event
- Cost of event
- Describe how will this event impact your practice.
- Provide a brief overview of the intended article for the Medical Nutrition Matters Newsletter (non CEU).
Please submit application to Makayla Schuchardt at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018.